I have a "love/hate relationship with Graduation Day...I always have and I always will.
Its such a happy day for so many reasons:
1. THEY (the senior child) are finally done with school...no more trying to DRAG them out of bed
to attend class, grounding them because they WON'T get up or threatening to dump water on them if they "AREN'T UP in 5 MINUTES"!...YAY!! NO more of that (at least for a few more years until #6 child reaches her senior year)!!!!
2. They are finally growing out of their "sassy" stage (for the most part) and ready to be a grown up.
3. They can (and will) make their way in the world.
4. They have proven to make mistakes, but have learned from them and go on a better person, learning from their goofy youthful mishaps.
5. They have accomplished a HUGE goal (set by me...the mom) and graduated high school....a feat that is not only difficult for some but often grueling as the last few months prove to be very difficult...ESPECIALLY since ALL my seniors get a bad case of "SENIOR-ITIS" come about March (of their senior year) and don't want to be in class anymore.
Cam and his pals...getting ready for the graduation march~
Cam...yep, the tall one in the back~
CAMERON MIKAL WILKERSON...a 2012 graduate from DHS
1. Sad because they are graduated...and that means they are flying the coop (eventually) and I love my kids and have a hard time seeing them grow up and move on.
2. Sad because they don't need me like they did 10 years ago
3. Sad because I'm not very good with "ChanGe"...(not very good at all)
4. Sad because they no longer think I'm capable of telling them what to do (like they ever thought I was capable)
5. Sad (but more stressful than sad) because I worry about what will happen to them out in the big wide world and what obstacles will fall in their path and IF I've taught them all that they need to know to make it out there~
This is NUMBER 5 child for us...so you would think I would be use to all the happy/sad emotions that I feel during graduation time, but I'm not...right now I'm feeling #5 of the "sad reasons"...its difficult if I think about it for too long BUT NO worries, tomorrow I might be feeling #1 in my happy category...its a process and I just have to work through it...I always have and I always will~





0 comments:
Post a Comment