Last week when I went out to Jack and Dayna's for my few days of rest and relaxation I ventured out and competed in another 5K with Jack. I hadn't prepared as much as I had for the last one, but mostly just mentally. I actually slept great the night before and was alert and ready for the upcoming race.
I learned a few things from the last 5K I competed in that made a big difference in what I did for this one
(the biggest things I learned was...your only competing against yourself AND DON'T EAT or DRINK before the race...I ate a healthy granola bar for energy and saved the BIG meal for after the race)
AND...we're off..........
If you look hard you can see me running (the tall one with the spiky hair)...which I did the ENTIRE RACE!
Here is Jack and Ann coming in for the finish...Ann was the first dog, of many, to come across the finish line...she has an amazing coach that ran right by her side and did a fantastic job himself!!
Look at them fly!....who thought that Ann's tiny little legs would keep up with Jack sprinting down the course, but they did...she just kept on trucking!
Here I am coming around the last leg before hitting the finish line...I think the last leg is AWFUL (pretty much because they tricked us...when we thought we were coming into the finish line we all pushed and gave it our all only to find out we had to run AROUND the building AGAIN before we came into the finish line and by then the adrenaline was pretty much running out...but I kept running and running and running!
FINALLY...the finish line! My time was 31:05, I came in 120th out of 1001 people, 5th in my age division and thrilled that I had cut about 1:30 from my 5K time back in October! I felt like a million bucks! Thrilled that I had accomplished something difficult...running IS NOT my thing but I did it, the entire way and I ran past people that started long before I did...I felt a great sense of accomplishment...I was extremely tired, sore but THRILLED none-the-less! It was a GREAT DAY!
Ann made new friends...many of them bigger than she was and obviously ALOT slower! Great job Anner's!
Ann eating her orange after completing the race.....
It was a great day for all of us!
Thanks Dayna for being our cheerleader and our photographer...it was a blast!
Can't wait to do the next one........and I can't believe I just said that!!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment