AND let the FUN begin~
About a week ago we headed up to the Lake for a "nice afternoon" of fun in the sun...YES there was SUN, and YES, there was FUN...but there was also WIND and it was a BIT CHILLY for lake activities. I think with the wind the temp was probably in the low 60's...left goosebumps on my poor white legs!
BUT we stuck it out and laid in the sun and ate some lunch anyway,
after all...what else were we going to do~
Halle came prepared to play in the water...but IT was WAY TOO cold (not just the air, but the water was freezing too), so she pulled
out her book and read (because you can do that in the cold)
We wandered around the shore...NOT looking for seashells, because there aren't any...but looking for
some way to stay warm and keep moving!
some of us relaxed~
and tried to enjoy the DAY on the BEACH~
After walking around a bit (to stay warm) and checking out the status of the lake (how high it was
this year and what might be lurking in the water) we decided to make sand sculptures
(AND...yes, that happened to be on my summer bucket list).........
AND so we begin collecting sand in our designated area.....piles of cold, wet sand~
IF you haven't tried this beachy activity...you should! Its fun to see what everyone comes
up with.......
Dayna made an IGLOO (probably because it felt like winter...almost)
Halle made an "I luv u"....(probably because she's 15 and thinks about boys ALL the time)
I made a mermaid...(probably because the CRAW FISH I was trying to make didn't turn out)
Cam and Ave's spent the longest working on their master piece...I
thought it was funny how they put a "rock" under the "sand girl", representing Averee,
because thats what she would need to be head to head with Cam...too funny!!
It was a GREAT time had by all............
What a FUN way to spend our afternoon!!





1 comments:
Looks like fun! I especially love the sand creations :)
Post a Comment