I'm a "list person"...I have lists for everything; to remind me to pick something up at the store, to remind me what I need to do for the day, to tell me where I put a specific thing, to remind me what NOT to eat and WHAT I should be eating...I also have them posted in random places with little "thoughts" and "smiley faces" to keep me thinking positive thoughts. About a month ago when I was watching/ listening to one of my favorite TV shows, they were discussing "Summer activities" and things to do throughout the state of Utah that could fill up your long, hot "summer days"....they suggested making a "SUMMER BUCKET LIST" of new things that your family would enjoy doing during the few "GOOD" MONTHS that we have in our state. I LOVED the thought of making a LIST of things to do and then getting to cross them off as I experienced them, a list of things to plan and look forward too, a list OF FUN activities (vs work and chores) to do....THIS LIST idea is a must for my summer FOR SURE!!
SO.....I sat down the other day and made my Summer Bucket List! Some of the activities will include the family, others won't (only because sometimes my teens "don't want to go" with me because they have "other plans"...therefore I will go alone if I must...but I will have fun and go none-the-less). I plan on taking pics and documenting our fun activities...so you my faithful followers can experience the journey with us!
SO.....I sat down the other day and made my Summer Bucket List! Some of the activities will include the family, others won't (only because sometimes my teens "don't want to go" with me because they have "other plans"...therefore I will go alone if I must...but I will have fun and go none-the-less). I plan on taking pics and documenting our fun activities...so you my faithful followers can experience the journey with us!
Woo Hoo...such excitement is brewing around my house~
(actually its only brewing in my head...no one else seems to be that excited...just me)
SOOOOOO....maybe I'm a little "OCD" about lists, but hey, they get things done around here and
hopefully this summer bucket list will make for a memorable summer, full of fun activities!
trip to the zoo
trip to Lagoon (amusement park in Utah)
camping
hike the Moon Lake trail
build sand sculptures at the lake
picnic in the mountains
photo walk
hike to a waterfall
go to the drive-in (to watch a movie)
go on a scenic drive
fly kites
have a hot dog roast in the back yard
go fishing
go horseback riding
read a new book
take a picture every day of something to do with my summer (June 6-Sept 6)
sleep outside on the tramp
visit Kim and Mike on the farm
visit Dayna and Jack in the city
go on a bike ride
visit a ghost town
help Halle cook some of her favorite recipes
take a nap on the grass
eat breakfast outside
make a picnic table
have an outside movie party
go to the lake for an afternoon
watch the sunset
learn something new
These are the things I am starting out with...I am sure as time goes on, I will think
of more things and add them to my list. What I don't get done this Summer will
be carried over to next years "Summer Bucket List".
I plan on making a new list each and every summer from now until.................who knows~
So let it be written....so let it be done~





0 comments:
Post a Comment