Saturday, June 9, 2012

My boy, "Bob"...the builder~

Cam loves to tinker...he always has. From the time he was little, he has always loved to build. He would play with legos for HOURS and HOURS building, creating and inventing all kinds of cool and exciting things. When he grew up, so did his projects....they are now on a bigger scale and much more exciting. He likes to always have a project that keeps him busy (preferrably an OUTside project) 
We bought some wood and thought we would have him build us a picnic table and take 
advantage of his "want to be busy", and our "want for a table". I honestly thought
that this little project would take a few Saturdays, maybe some evenings after work...give him 
something to do for AWHILE!
 But I forget sometimes how much the two of us are alike, we both like to finish a project
that we are working right away...not leave it for days and weeks, but finish it ASAP. 
He went out after breakfast today and started pulling wood from the truck...piece by piece 
he built the most amazing table I've ever seen...AND ALL IN ONE DAY (about 6 hours)! I AM super impressed, not surprised that he could do it, because I knew he could, but impressed
at his amazing talent and skill!!


 It's extremely sturdy...strong as an ox~
 He even customized it to fit the "needs" of our TALL family 
and their LONG LEGS by extending the seat by 6 inches...
its amazing what a little 6 inch space can do for a 6' 8" boy with legs that go on forever. 

 I LOVE everything about this gorgeous table. I couldn't be happier!!
Come Monday morning we will move it to the back
yard where we can begin using it for some fun outside morning meals 
along with dinner in the evening.... 
Cam is my hero...and a very talented one at that!

Bet your jealous huh?!....its pretty darn cool if I do say so myself!

0 comments: