Saturday, July 14, 2012

A FLOP!

I was UP EARLY (2:30am) on Thursday Morning so I thought I would make some bread.... when I get up early and can't sleep, I bake. I did the whole thing with the dough, "let it raise once, punch it down, let it raise again, punch it down, then put it in the pans to let it raise again"...I put 6 loaves of bread in the oven (yes, I had preheated it) and waited the 27 minutes for the timer to go off...anxiously awaiting a piece of hot bread at 7:00am. The timer rang and I ran to get the bread out, opened the oven door to see that my bread was not baked. The top was a little crusty but the it wasn't cooked at all. I looked at the temperature to see that for some ODD reason it was set at 320 degrees instead of 350 (its digital)...figured I must have bumped it and didn't get it set right. Turned it off and then back on, only to wait ONE ENTIRE HOUR for it to heat back up to 245 degrees. WELL...to make a long story short, the bread was ruined, my oven was broken and I was a very sad girl!! SO MUCH for hot homemade bread!!!! 

0 comments: