Thursday, March 21, 2013

Pin IT~

When we remodeled our kitchen some 15 years ago, I put a bulletin board on a wall right next to the fridge. I'm not a fan of LOTS of things stuck to the refrigerator, making it difficult to get into the fridge without everything falling off the door. The board was intended for things like report cards, wedding announcements, notes and reminders, a "brag board" of sorts...BUT over the years, I used it to pin up photo's...it was quickly over taken with pictures, leaving no room for anything else (which was perfect and wonderful and okay). This board affectionately got named the "family board" and everyone enjoyed looking at the college of faces that adorned the "family board"! WELL....a few weeks ago, I took all the pics off to laminate them, hoping to preserve them, keep them from getting torn and splattered with food. I had hoped to get the daunting task completed that day, unfortunately it didn't happen. As the kids, friends and even the husband (who doesn't usually notice the changes I make..unless I point them out), trickled into the kitchen over the next few days they "gasped" (each with their own tone of SHOCK) and asked "WHAT HAPPENED to all the pictures???" "WHY did you take them all down???" HONESTLY, after taking them all off, I had wondered if anyone would even notice they were gone (the board had been there so long, I didn't think anyone paid attention to it anymore) BUT........I WAS quickly put in my place and told, "The "family board" is our favorite, you can't get rid of it....."ITS part of our life",  SO I decided since its something everyone loves and frequently stops to check out, I better get the pictures laminated and put back up, which I did! NOW they are all protected and preserved....BUT now I need a bigger board for MORE pictures!!

0 comments: