For Memorial Day, we took a road trip down to Central Utah to visit Kim and Mike....a long drive, but so worth it! We had never been down "on the farm" since Kim and Mike were married last year so we were all anxious to see "how they lived" out in the country. We arrived just in time for a little rest before dinner time. I love the country, I was raised in the country....so this was exciting and fun for me. I loved the smell "dirt" and "sprinklers"...the faint smell of blossoms in the breeze and even the distant smell of a skunk wondering around in some field somewhere (okay, I didn't LOVE that smell...but it is a "farm" smell)....and everything was SOOOOOOO green (the dry, hot summer hadn't hit there yet). The grass was green, the fields were green, the trees were green and even the corn that was popping up from the ground was green...it was GORGEOUS!
We ventured outside for a back yard barbecue and a yard game of Bocce Ball...
....which was a blast!!
mainly because I had the BEST little teammate ever...Miss Mary!.
Kim and Mike kept us all smiling and laughing the entire time....they always do!
we snapped a fun "mom/daughter" picture....
and met some more of Mike's family~
The sunsets down there were AMAZING...I could have just stayed there and watched them
for the ENTIRE summer....no buildings to block the view, just fields and
wheel lines...and the ever fading sun....made me feel like a "youngster" again!
There is something about the country that makes me reflect on God's creations,
all that he has blessed me with and what a lucky girl I truly am!
I may live in "town"...but I'm a "country girl" at heart...
and this "country", and the people that live there is JUST WHAT I needed!





0 comments:
Post a Comment