Memorial day weekend is the big "Greenwood (mini) Triathlon". Mike's parents started it years ago and it's gotten bigger and bigger as time has gone on. Kim talked me into participating in it...although, I wasn't up to competing in the swimming or biking portion, I told her I would run the 5K....so UP BRIGHT and early we arose for the "race" preperation.
.
Kim and Mike planned on competing AND COMPLETING the entire triathlon (swimming, biking and the 5K)...so we went to cheer them on before Halle and I competed in the 5K portion of the race.
the "biking team"....!
After Kim and Mike finished the swimming and biking portion, we started the last leg...the 5K.
I've ran in several 5K's before...but this one was a NEW experience...we ran on gravel, pavement and down a dirt road...all of which was a new experience and worked an entire different set of muscles....BUT it was fun none-the-less and I finished within seconds of my last 5K. I ran the entire leg and ended
...sweaty and stinky like all the others!
After I finished I ran back to find Kim and Halle...I wanted to see them "to the end"...
We all finished tired and beat...but feeling rather accomplished!
GO TEAM!!
After a bit of a rest ( a little food, sleep and air conditioning), Mike and Kim took us
for a tour of the "land"!...we went to the "Res" in Delta. I loved the idea that people
lived RIGHT on the lakes edge, just like real "beach front" property.
We played on a "sand dune"...which is SOOOOO COOL!!
The sand was white and HOT...and if the wind wouldn't have been blowing, I could have played there
for hours. Halle and I really wanted to jump off the top of one of them, down to the "dune" below...but the
wind was blowing sand all over, so we opted out of it.
...but I couldn't help but snap a few FUN pictures in the sand!!!.............
We had a great trip visiting with Mike and Kim...
touring the country, running, eating, laughing and enjoying our Memorial Day with such wonderful people!
Thanks Kim and Mike for a wonderful weekend!!





0 comments:
Post a Comment