I think that I take for granted the time I have with my parents, sometimes I just think they will be around forever and I don't take the time to do special things with them. But this year I am trying to change a little bit of that. It has been 18 years since I or my children have had Thanksgiving dinner with my dad. Mom and Dad got divorced 17 years ago and we haven't had Thanksgiving together since. After Dad had a blockage in his heart this year and gave us all a big scare, I decided it was time to make this right. So I planned the big day. It was the
year for all of us to have dinner with our in-laws, so it worked out well to have our dinner with dad on Friday. All of my siblings were there except my sister Denise, who was in New Mexico for the holiday. We had such a great time.
Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Take the Time!
We ate lots of food (of course
), the boys played basketball (we had it at the church...for lack of space at my house), the kids did crafts with Kimber and Dana and the rest of us sat around and visited. It was awesome to get to spend that time with my family. We don't live very far apart but finding the time to all get together is really hard at times, since everyone has lives and things that they do....its been awhile, but we can only do what we can do. I hope this Thanksgiving starts a tradition that we can do at least every other year, if not every year. We made a lot of memories and I look forward to making many more.

at
6:58 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




3 comments:
I wish I was there! It looks like you guys had so much fun!
i dunno if i fit in the picture with all the other grandkids....
What a great thing for you to do for your family… I bet your Dad was very appreciative and grateful. What great memories!
Post a Comment