Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Coconut CrEaTIon


I got a little creative the other morning and made this recipe up, hoping I could give the family some variety for their breakfast. Everyone seemed to really like it and they didn't leave too many leftovers. (that means its good, right??) 


Coconut French Toast

8-10 pieces of bread (I used homemade because it makes the French Toast less soggy)
1 bag of coconut

6-8 eggs (amount of eggs depends on how thick you want your mixture, I used 8)
2 t. vanilla
3 T sugar
2 c. milk

Mix eggs, vanilla, sugar and milk together with a wire whisk. Set aside. Place some of the coconut onto a plate. Dip sliced pieces of bread into egg mixture, and then into your coconut. Coat each slice of bread with coconut, pressing the bread into the coconut to coat it well on both sides. Then cook on a well greased griddle or in a frying pan. Cook each side until done. Serve with butter and maple syrup. 
*Cooking takes a little longer than other french toast because it has to cook through the coconut to cook the bread, so be patient. 

So yummy! Happy Cooking!! 

4 comments:

Megan said...

You are good at making up recipes Julie! We will have to try it out.

Malisa said...

Yum! I love french toast and coconut so it must be good! I will have to try it.

Christie said...

Ummmm, this looks and sounds good!

btw, I love the new pic at the top, Halle's face is funny!!!

Jack and Daynalee said...

That looks SO yummy!