Friday, April 17, 2009

It's a GiRL tHiNg!

My newest purse projects!
The one on the left is the one that Kim carries her stuff around
in at the moment...but it will change, 
it always does...thats how we Wilkerson girls roll!

A couple of years ago I took on a new sewing challenge, I started making purses. I even tossed around the idea of making them and selling them, but later decided against it when in all reality no one really wants to pay what I have into making them (my time). Some are more time consuming than others, but to sell them I would being doing it to make money so I would have to charge for my time as well as supplies and its just not worth it. So for now I just make them for my girls. The LIKE and LOVE for purses is a trait that has been passed down for generations in my family. Both of my grandmothers loved purses and had MANY of them. Both my sister and I love purses and have more than our share, and now I have passed on my "LOVE" for purses to my daughters, even my daughter-in-law loves purses as much as the rest of us do. We all tend to love the idea of having a new purse, 
OFTEN... changing them out for something new or matching them to what we wear. It's almost...notice that I said ALMOST, as fun as a new outfit. There is something about having a new purse that just makes us happy! Kimberly bought a purse in Arizona that she just loved and I have been trying to find a pattern and some fabric to make one similar
 
to it for quite awhile. After much looking, I finally found 
the right pattern and some fabric and whipped one right up. I l
oved it so much that I whipped 2 more up so that when she gets tired of one, she can change it out for another. Purses, along with shoes and clothes, is a weakness that I love to have...I guess its a girl thing... and its a weakness that I'm going to hang on to!

5 comments:

Sommer Time Farm said...

You are so talented-I would love it if I could even sew-I think John would too. The last time I put a button back on John's shirt, it fell off after he put the shirt on-pathetic!!

Anonymous said...

YES!! I LOVE PURSES!!! They are ALMOST as wonderful as chocolate!!

Becca said...

Oh my gosh! You are so talented! I think anyone who can sew is magic! I have no idea how to even stitch or sew on a button. I think that is a fantastic talent and look at all the cool things you can make!

Megan said...

So cute! Ah I wish I could carry around a purse but its a little hard stuffing toys, diapers, wipes, extra clothes, my wallet, keys, sunglasses, and an array of random items into anything but my LARGE ugly diaper bag. I need a pattern for a cute diaper bag. You have inspired me to go look.

Malisa said...

New purses are my FAVORITE! If I cuold buy a new one each day I would! Yours are adorbale!!