Sunday, October 11, 2009

There is Beauty all around...you just have to look~

Years ago we bought some trees to fill our barren yard. Some were fruit trees others were shade trees, some lived and some died. We bought a Red Maple tree, which I thought would probably die...just because we can't usually get the pretty ones to live, BUT it has flourished and done so well that I wished we would have bought 5 more just like it. Every Fall I remember why I love it so much. The leaves turn a flaming red color which in turn, adds so much dimension to the yard. We have yellow leaves, brown leaves and even a few maroon leaves (on bushes) but the RED from these leaves just stand out and make all the colors come together. I love it!!!


One of our apple trees this year did more than its share of producing. For such a small tree, it was loaded with these dark red, gorgeous apples. We picked almost an entire 5 gallon bucket of them and they were even WORM FREE....(yeah for pesticides!).
We have been eating a few off of it and they are super sweet and better than the ones that I bought in the store last time. On the other hand we have another apple tree that did a lousy job at doing anything. Not only did it not produce its weight in poop, the apples taste AWFUL! I don't know what the difference was between the 2, but if it doesn't do better next year...it will become nice wood to roast hot dogs over!


0 comments: