I don't know about you, but everywhere I go I see flowers, beads and ruffles. Ruffles on blouses, cardigans, skirts and jackets. Flowers adorning head bands, bracelets, necklaces, broaches and clothing....and BEADS everywhere from on clothing to around necks... I am loving that the look of "femininity" has made a come back. I like fashion, I always have, but only if its "tasteful", sadly enough there are many trends out there that aren't tasteful, leaving much to be desired.
Over the years I've worn a lot of different looks, both in clothing as well as in hairstyles... but I've always loved the "feminine", classy look best. As "ruffles, beads and flowers" have come back into play in the fashion world, I have taken to the "NEW LOOK" and jumped on the band wagon, wearing beads, ruffles and flowers whenever possible...! I seriously love, love, LOVE it...all of it-- its terribly "girly and fun" and thats what makes it so exciting! I saw a tutorial a while back on someone's blog...it showed how to make these adorable flowers that everyone is wearing. I've seen them in the stores at the Mall, but these flowers can run you $14 or more...which seems a little on the "pricey" side especially if you want more than ONE (which I do...I want ONE in every color...you do the math, that WOULDN'T be cheap!) The tutorial looked easy enough so I knew I had to give this little "craft project" a try! They make up extremely fast...making them an addictive thing for me...classy, easy and cheap! What is there NOT to love?!
I wear them on my cardigans, adorn my beads with them and even my scarves...they are so stinkin cute that I might even attach one to my purse....(its a thought I really am considering!)

NOW, there is only one problem...
Which one should I wear today?!





6 comments:
What kind of material is that? Those are way cute.
Hey Megan,
Thanks...Its Satin fabric.They are so fun to make as well as WEAR :)
I LOVE THEM! Where is the tutorial? :) (NOT that I'm crafty--because I'm so my mother's daughter...no offense, Mom) But just in case some day I think I can be... :)
So cute-can I move you here to be my neighbor and designated crafter!?? I'm sure you'd love MO!
Sad enough Anne B...I don't know which blog I was even looking at that had the tutorial on it. It was one of those mornings when I was up before the birds and looking at blog after blog after blog...and I can't remember which one it was :( So sorry. I am glad that you like them though, I was quite pleased with them myself :)
I agree--flowers, ruffles, beads--love them! I'd put them on my purse, for sure!
Post a Comment