I've always dreamt of having a spare room. A place where company could sleep and have their own space...but with 6 kids there was never "a spare room OR a spare bed" to speak of. NOW with Kim getting married, there will finally be a spare room! I have been looking for a bed to put in there to replace the small twin sized one that Kim slept in for the past 20 years. I looked high and low (yes, I realize that you can PURCHASE such things, but that wasn't an option at this point)...when I was talking to one of my neighbors and she said they were getting rid of a KING SIZE bed and box spring mattress and wondered if I knew of anyone that needed/wanted one! "ME, ME...PICK ME"!!! I was ecstatic!!! She let me have it for free (which was an added bonus and treat for me!). It is in OUTSTANDING condition and I'm still wondering if she didn't just give me the NEW bed (seriously, it is in mint condition) and she kept the old one. I was a little worried that the bed might overpower the little room we had to put it in, but I think it turned out "just right"! After having Cam go pick up the mattress and box springs, I decided that the bedroom needed to be painted before putting it in...(painting the room was inevitable, so I figured I might as well do it before the bed went in)...that way I didn't have to take it out ONCE AGAIN when I got around to painting.So the next day, I dug through my supply of paint and found some leftovers from my living room project a year ago...(perfect...FREE EVERYTHING!) and got right to work. Twelve hours later I went from...
... "fun, teenage pink and green".....with polka dots (I might add)....
...to a warm and restful brown and tan. Don't get me wrong, I loved the green and pink with polkadots
when Kim was living here (it was a very happy, bright room, just like her personality)...but I also love that she is getting married. So with her new change, comes changes for us... and with that we get a NEW spare room.
I love how it turned out.
It's NOT exactly the way I want it yet. I would like to get a MORE classy comforter and
some prettier drapes...but that will have to wait for now. It's painted, it has a bed and
I couldn't be happier with the way it all turned out!





1 comments:
Love it! Now I want a brown room...
Post a Comment