Thursday, January 24, 2013

Shards of Glittery Glass...a typical January day!


Putting the Christmas away this year was HARD...not difficult as in "task laden" but HARD because it meant the end of the Christmas season and a big huge welcome into January....the most dreaded month of the year for me! I DESPISE January, its frigged cold weather (its been down to -23 and hasn't got above 12 degrees or so for days), its seemingly endless days in the month and the fact that it is so ugly! I have no desire to leave my house, to venture into the cold to do anything. I just want to be home...! Winter isn't my thing!!

I was putting away the tree bulbs and the only 2 GLASS ornaments that I had, fell to their "death" and broke...all over my floor! They were loaded with gorgeous glitter designs and were larger than the other bulbs that adorned my Christmas tree, adding variety and texture to the decor. They were my favorites!..."WERE", being the operative word, after all "they are NO MORE"...now they are just a pile of sharp broken glass pieces.  I sat there and just stared at the pieces that scattered across my dining room floor, wondering why I had been so careless while taking them from the tree...why hadn't I taken them off one by one, handled them with better care instead of in bundles with the NON glass ornaments??...UHG! IT WAS ONE OF THOSE AWFUL, depressing, sad kind of days...and the breaking of my favorite tree ornaments was just the icing on the cake...it was a typical January day in my life. 

I have to say, I am anxiously awaiting the melting of the crunchy snow on my lawn, the return of the chirping birds and the sound of the buzzing bee's in my ears..............YES, I CAN'T wait. I know, I know... I have been told many times..."ENJOY the moment, find something good about a winter day, it's going to be HOT all summer and you will wish it was cold again...." YES, I've heard it all from many sweet, kind hearted, winter loving, good people....BUT winter (for me) is nothing but COLD, gloomy, dreary, dull and does nothing for me! I'm over it...and SOOOOOOOOO ready for spring! BUT on the bright side, I don't lack for things to do. Life is full and busy right now and I'm burying myself in my MANY "TO DO" lists and trying to forget about how cold it is outside my front door. I'm hoping January will result in a large amount of  "completed" projects and that February will pass by quickly...March will hopefully bring warmer days, melting snow and hints of spring! 
                                     


0 comments: